My friends over at Graceworks, another Angel Food host site in Ascension Parish ran across this information, and I thought it worthy of passing on.
Beginning June 1 the state will allow people to pre-apply for disaster food stamps in the event there is storm this season. The website to apply is https://dsnap.dss.state.la.us/CitizenPortal/. If you pre-apply, it should help to speed up the process for you in the event of a major storm this year if the disaster food stamp program is activated, again.
The following items are needed to complete your pre-application
- Name, social security number, and birth date for each household member
- Parish where you currently live
- Residential address
- Monthly income for each household member
- Liquid resources for each household member such as:
- Cash on Hand
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Money Market Accounts